Location: Kingston-Upon-Thames, London
An opportunity has arisen to join the Mash Media team, the largest independent media company in the global events industry.
Through our diverse product range of publications, websites and live events, we talk to event professionals around the world, every day. We provide our customers and the communities we serve with opportunities to stay informed of the latest industry developments, learn, share, connect and sell through our brands.
Reporting to the Web Manager, you will be supporting the Web Team in the creation of new websites and the administration of our current websites. Your will be ensuring that all web-based content is up-to-date, well-structured and follows the brand guidelines. You will also be responsible for the delivery of digital advertising across all our publications.
This is an exciting opportunity for a bright and enthusiastic individual looking to make the most of their current skill set and learn new skills to develop the role and themselves within the business.
Full training will be available on the job.
- Updating content on multiple websites using a Content Management System, while maintaining the look and feel of the websites
- Using Adobe Photoshop to resize and edit images and assets
- Web testing to ensure changes are made with high levels of quality
- Uploading web advertising every month on Google Ad Manager
- Liaising with the production team and clients to ensure the artwork is delivered on time and respects the specifications provided
- Helping with the creation of digital newsletters
The ideal candidate:
- Minimum 3 x A-Level qualifications
- An interest in web management and publishing
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects at once
- Ability to work to tight deadlines in a high-pressure environment
- Strong written and oral English
- Pro-active approach and ability to learn new skills autonomously
Technical Skills – Desirable but not essential, as full training will be provided:
- An understanding or proven interest of HTML/CSS
- Exposure to Photoshop or other image editing software
- Exposure to a CMS (preferably WordPress)
- Full time position
- Working Hours – Monday to Friday, 9am to 5.30pm (subject to deadlines)
- Holidays – 20 days holiday per annum pro-rata (+ 8 UK bank holidays)
- Closing date for applications: January 12th 2020
This role would ideally suit someone with the ambition to forge a career within the Web Publishing and advertising industry. Full training will be provided for the right candidate who shows drive and ambition to build a career and progress within Mash Media.