Last updated: 17 March 2020
In this Notice, references to “we”, “us” and “our” refer to Mash Media Group Limited. Personal data, as defined by the GDPR, means any information which relates to a living individual who can be identified, either directly or indirectly, from this information. For example, your name, email address, postal address, telephone number and other personal details.
Using links to external sites
Please remember that when you use a link to go from our website to another website, our Privacy Notice no longer applies. Your browsing and interaction on any other website or your dealings with any other third-party service provider, is subject to that website’s or third-party service provider’s own rules and notices/policies. We do not monitor, control, or endorse the information collection or privacy practices of any third parties. This Notice applies solely to Information collected by us through our website or services and does not apply to these third-party websites and third-party service providers.
How do we collect your data?
- How will we use your data?
- How do we store your data?
- What are your data protection rights?
- What are cookies?
- What types of cookies do we use?
- How to manage your cookies
- Privacy policies of other websites
- How to contact us
- How to contact the appropriate authorities
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide us with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Register online or place an order for any of our products or services.
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our forums or via email.
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
We may also receive your data indirectly from the following sources:
- Event registration via our registration partners (e.g. Livebuzz, Eventbrite, See Tickets, etc)
- Submission of information via relevant third parties, where Mash Media is a listed partner
How will we use your data?
We collect your data so that we can:
- Process your order and manage your account.
- Keep you up to date with industry news, where requested.
- Send you print editions of our publications, where requested.
- Send you digital email editions of our magazines, where requested.
- Remind you of upcoming events that you have previously attended
- Email you with special offers on other products and services we think you might like.
When we process your order, it may send your data to, and also use the resulting information from, credit reference agencies to prevent fraudulent purchases.
How do we store your data?
We securely store your data on our own internal servers.
We will keep your personal contact details and all transactional details associated with any interaction with Mash Media until such time as you ask us to remove our details from our system.
If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt out at a later date.
You have the right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes or sharing your data with our partner companies so that they may offer you their products and services.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please contact the data controller by the email listed below.
What are your data protection rights?
We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request us to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact the data controller by the email listed below.
What are cookies?
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology
For further information, visit https://www.allaboutcookies.org/
- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use our website
- Limiting the number of advertisements you see
- Managing adverts from Google and other third-party advert providers
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality – We use these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Advertising – We use these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. We sometimes share some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
Your browsing and interaction on any other website or your dealings with any other third-party service provider, is subject to that website’s or third-party service provider’s own rules and notices/policies. We do not monitor, control, or endorse the information collection or privacy practices of any third parties. This Notice applies solely to Information collected by us through our website or services and does not apply to these third-party websites and third-party service providers.
How to contact us
Email our data controller at
Call: +44 (0) 20 8481 1122
Or write to us at:
2nd Floor Apple Market House
17 Union Street
Kingston Upon Thames
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that we have not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office on 0303 123 1113 or visit https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/ for more information.