REPORTING TO: Marketing Director
JOB TYPE: Permanent, full-time
LOCATION: Kingston, London
About Mash Media
There are so many exciting opportunities that await a passionate delegate relationship coordinator – Come join us!!
Mash Media is the largest and most inclusive media company in the global events industry. Our portfolio of products covers every sector of the industry, from exhibitions and trade fairs, through conference and brand events, and into outdoor events and festivals. We talk to event professionals around the world, every day through our print and online publications. We also meet them face to face, via our live events and exhibitions; Mash Media owns three of the biggest event based exhibitions in the UK. This means that every day Mash Media is providing forums for events professionals to benchmark, develop, share, learn and sell through our brands.
Main purpose of the job
The purpose of this role is to produce and deliver the marketing and content strategy promoting our flagship event to delegates and exhibitors. You will be a self-motivated individual who loves working alongside a great team, across the marketing mix, to promote a national treasure of an event.
- Work with the Editor, Marketing Director, Event Director and the wider team to develop, implement and produce conference content plans for the London flagship events and oversee the conference plans for the event.
- Research important industry topics and keep up to date with industry trends to ensure streams of content and webinar series themes are relevant to our audience.
- Identify and recruit appropriate speakers through research, networking, and existing contacts to achieve your target requirements.
- Identify and recruit high quality industry figures who will be able to chair theatres and moderate panel discussions.
- Work with the content, marketing and sales teams to identify opportunities for further growth and consider the development of new conference formats & Identify potential add-ons to provide incremental revenue.
- Support the marketing and contents teams to develop relationships and identify influential industry associations and other possible partners.
- Ensure the marketability of conference programmes.
- Work with the Group Marketing Manager and Event Director plus the wider team to develop and implement marketing strategy, positioning and key messages and product strategy.
- Execute the marketing campaign(s) and report on effectiveness and results ensuring all elements achieve required performance criteria.
- Full responsibility for strategies, targets, budgets, price structures for any revenue targets for events
- Full responsibility for direct line development and performance and expected to guide and support junior members of the team across the marketing team if and when needed
- To drive and develop and implement marketing strategy, positioning and key messages and product strategy within deadlines.
- Full budgetary control and management
- Responsibility for leading and developing the content strategy and delivery. Responsible for final delivery of the content and educational programmes to meet audience needs.
- Responsibility for writing and managing all marketing and communications budgets for your products.
- Develop strategic audience development plans and ensure marketing communications accurately reflect event positioning and key messaging. Directing the messaging and finessing the audience proposition – good communication and writing skills are imperative.
- Develop key relationships and partnerships– including professional and trade, federations, associations and official bodies, Unions and relevant Government and public sector departments and organisations.
- Communicate with your community and visitors regularly and ensure your market knowledge is fully up to date
- Develop, negotiate and manage key relationships and partnerships with industry and sector media. Lead of communications and media strategies.
- Oversee the execution of the marketing, promotions and communications campaign(s) and report on effectiveness and results ensuring all elements achieve required performance criteria.
- Management of the creative/design process for marketing material. This includes the update and development of existing materials plus the creation of new material in line with the marketing strategy.
- Work with the sales team to create sales campaigns, focused on both new client growth and increased client retention. This includes messaging to drive revenue across all products such as digital, sponsorships, and future revenue opportunities.
- Collaborate with commercial partners, sponsors and exhibitors to develop marketing campaigns, lead generation strategies and compelling materials for all revenue streams across live and digital products.
- Regularly review marketing plan, response rates/KPI’s, attendee demographics, and industry best practices to ensure marketing efforts are effective and successful, making recommendations and adjustments as appropriate.
- Foresee and plan for any internal and external threats and opportunities that arise in the market
- Oversee and execute community building and social media strategies that drive engagement, interaction, brand affinity and could improve the audience experience.
- Database management and growth, list management, and development with the support of business intelligence and data teams.
- Provide accurate and timely reporting of key marketing statistics and forecasts.
- Manage PR Strategy. Additionally, work to create/manage press lists, invite press, and consistently grow and develop media relations across all channels.
- Manage all planning and execution of registration process for visitors
- Collaborate with global senior marketeers within the portfolio to ensure SOP and best practice
- Responsible for the delivery of all delegate, visitor, and attendee revenue generation, plus development of attendee/delegate pricing strategies and reporting
- Continuously look at ways to grow your events and build your brands
- Be able to grow and control campaigns within an expanding portfolio
Skills and abilities:
- Great writing skills.
- Ability to produce creative and well thought out marketing plans
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deliver on time.
- Good IT skills. You will be using content management systems, databases and email software
- Commercial acumen to develop sales-led marketing initiatives.
- Ambition to develop your marketing career.
- Have something to teach us about marketing social media.
- Get on well with people from all walks of life (and the ability to network and make new friends quickly!)
- Hold grace under pressure.
- Good attention to detail. In the events world little things matter.
- Flexibility to accommodate extended working hours as needed around key show times.
- Be organised, determined and self driven
- Be able to motivate others and drive team energy during stressful periods
- Good attention to detail. In the events world little things matter
We are searching for a graduate calibre who is looking for an opportunity to join a company that is marketing led and invests in its brands. You will probably have at least 3-5 years marketing manager level or above. We particularly want to see evidence of contributing to the development of marketing plans. Experience in marketing events is an advantage but not a pre-requisite especially for candidates with experience in the fields in which we run our events.
Please forward your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org