POSITION: Delegate Relationship Manager
REPORTING TO: Marketing Director
JOB TYPE: Permanent, full-time
There are so many exciting opportunities that await a passionate delegate relationship coordinator – Come join us!!
Mash Media is the largest and most inclusive media company in the global events industry. Our portfolio of products covers every sector of the industry, from exhibitions and trade fairs, through conference and brand events, and into outdoor events and festivals. We talk to event professionals around the world, every day through our print and online publications. We also meet them face to face, via our live events and exhibitions; Mash Media owns three of the biggest event based exhibitions in the UK. This means that every day Mash Media is providing forums for events professionals to benchmark, develop, share, learn and sell through our brands.
The role of a Delegate Relationship Manager is to identify, research and contact senior level executives within a variety of business and industry sectors. To be able to present an appropriate sales proposition to the qualified decision maker, with the intention of selling them a delegate space at an Arena International conference/forum. Whilst growing the database at the same time.
Main purpose of the job
The role of a Delegate Sales Manager is to ensure that the Events/Forums/Summits assigned are successful by obtaining the required quantity and quality of Delegates and by meeting/exceeding personal sales targets, also to keep motivated, positive, and professional and work as a Team with your Event and Marketing Manager. The focus is on high quality calls to maintain a 60%+conversion from registrations
• Consistently hit and exceed guideline KPI’s across callings, new contacts and bookings
• Competently manage and maintain all elements of the reg acquisition process including admin, CRM and live events
• Ability to handle customer complaints and cancellations
• Following up leads from E-mail marketing campaigns
• Lead by example at all times
• Monitor live web chats
• Confidently run a conference theatre at any live event and managing the microphone for audience Q&A
• Ability to motivate and inspire confidence in the delegate team around you
• Provide weekly sales reports and feedback to Event Manager and/or Senior Management as required
• Ensure regular monthly contact/updates are maintained for Delegates and recorded through Engage.
• Identify and flag opportunities or potential problems to Event Manager and/or Senior Management as appropriate
• Attend events as necessary, representing the company in a professional manner at all times.
• Work with your DPM to develop portfolio with new ideas, products and strategies within your portfolio
Skills and abilities:
• Preferably from a sales background or sales trained
• Confident or have the determination to work on your confidence
• You’ll be a strong communicator, both written and verbal, with experience of calling senior level executives, preferably within conferences or events, or as a minimum in B2B
• You’ll have experience of working in a fast-paced sales environment with a proven track record to consistently achieve targets
• You’ll be a quick learner with intellectual curiosity and who can understand different markets and subject matter quickly
• You’ll understand why senior level executives attend events and able to convey this effectively to confirm bookings
• You’ll be able to coordinate multiple tasks and deadlines, as well as keep accurate records of data and call backs
• Strong organisational and administrative skills
• Excellent time management and prioritisation skills
• Positive, enthusiastic approach and works on own initiative
• Ability to remain patient and calm under pressure
• You’ll be team player who can work across matrix organizations
• A key player in the business and take great pride in your work and the business
• A stickler for detail
• Super focused on achieving your goals
To have working knowledge of the following Microsoft packages:
• Excel (intermediate/advanced)
Please forward your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org